By implementing peer learning and new technology in active learning classrooms, we’re helping thousands of students who would otherwise struggle to succeed in STEM.
Make A Difference, Invest in the Future
Help us develop new approaches to teaching, including innovative onsite and online math courses. Past courses have led to double-digit pass rate increases across the college.
Provide direct support to students and programs which are dedicated towards improving STEM education opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students of all backgrounds
- $500K: Support the funding to hire more Learning Assistants (LAs). As part of the LA program, undergraduate students help prepare weekly sessions and a pedagogy course, facilitate discussions among groups of students in a variety of classroom settings that encourage active engagement. The FIU LA Program is now the largest in the nation.
- $300K: Support FIUteach undergraduate students who are currently part of the program and on the path to become skilled and qualified math and science teachers.
- $150K: 3-year support to provide a graduate student currently pursuing a higher education degree in STEM education.
Education Research & Faculty
Support evidence-based education research practices shown to improve student learning, retention and overall development.
- $500K: Support national research projects across key focus areas, including gender, diversity, student success and education practices in classrooms.
- $200K: 3-year support for post-doctoral researchers for graduate students to work with our experts.
- $50K: Support course transformation of faculty member in a stem discipline to improve learning outcomes of students
Infrastructure & Technology
Help further the expansion of our learning environments by building new active learning classrooms, enhancing collaborative efforts, and implementing cutting edge media technology and learning tools.
- $25M: Consolidate all operations in a single STEM education building to expand teaching & learning capabilities and enhance collaborative efforts.
- $2M: Support the development of new active learning classrooms for improving student success and retention.
- $500K: Build resource rooms, student study rooms as well as acquire teaching tools adaptable to the public-school system for FIUteach mentor teachers and students, which help develop skills necessary to implement in K12 classrooms.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the amazing work we do.
11200 SW 8th St, ECS 450
Miami, FL 33199
Leave Your Legacy
Make a difference that will last a lifetime. Endowed funds create a permanent impact and provide ongoing support for engaging STEM education.